ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first aid created by LivingWorks. Participants learn to recognise when someone may be at risk of suicide and respond in ways that help increase their immediate safety and link them to further help.
ASIST aims to enhance a caregiver’s abilities to help a person at risk avoid suicide. It is intended that ASIST participants will be better prepared to:
- Reflect on how their attitudes and beliefs about suicide affect their intervention role.
- Discuss suicide with a person at risk in a direct manner.
- Build a collaborative approach to intervention focused on safe outcomes.
- Review immediate suicide risk and develop appropriate safe plans.
- Demonstrate skills required to intervene with a person at risk of suicide.
- Identify resources available to a person at risk of suicide.
- Make a commitment to improving community resources.
- Recognise that suicide prevention is broader than suicide first aid and includes life-promotion and self-care for caregivers.
Price: $400 per person.
Date(s) - 30/04/2019 - 01/05/2019
8:45 am - 4:30 pm