This workshop allows workers, organisations or networks of services to provide more effective programs to men and families. The workshop explores the importance of the fathers’ role in family services and how programs can engage and support this opportunity.
The workshop focuses on:
- understanding what men might want when accessing community services
- using strengths based approaches when working with fathers
- engaging men’s in child protection and family based programs
- exploring skills used to work with men in a non-threatening way and modelling effective, respectful and inclusive communication when working with men
- working with fathers to increase their engagement in their children’s lives
- engaging fathers using the father inclusive practice and the generative framework
- effective ways for female workers to work with fathers.
Cost: The early bird booking is $275.00 if registration occurs before 20th April (GST included). The fee for registrations after the 20th April is $330.00 (GST included). Morning tea and lunch are provided.
To register: Register and complete payment. A Tax Invoice will be emailed to you. The payment needs to be completed before the workshop occurs, for the registration to be fully confirmed.