Significant Contribution to Improving Men’s Health and Wellbeing by an individual
Mr. Dean Dyer - Board Director, Men’s Health & Wellbeing Association WA
· Integral member of MHWWA Board for last 18 months through difficult transition
· President of MHWWA Board for several years building the foundation and momentum for WA to get a Men’s and boy’s health and wellbeing policy.
· Provided leadership to sector eg: Men’s focus group sustainability.
· Integral Board Member of ManKind Project in WA for 12 years, conducting men’s weekends and several mens’ groups in WA.
· A DVA Men’s health peer educator for 10 years. Working with veterans and their health and wellbeing.
· Organiser and supporter of men’s groups.
· WA Government Dept of Health Reference Group member for the WA Men’s Health and Wellbeing Policy. Being launched during Men's health week June 10-16
· Presenter at WA community forums for development of the WA Men’s Health and Wellbeing Policy.
· Mentoring men.
· Presenting workshops on Men’s health and wellbeing, Resilience, Retiring well, MHFA.
· Developing initiatives with businesses and community groups to implement programs that service their males.