Family breakdown / parental separation is a challenge for all parties, not least the children.
Issues include legal, financial and mental health challenges.
To celebrate 'Dads in Distress' 20th anniversary, they have assembled experts to speak at this free community event.
The focus will be on solutions that exist and how attendees and the wider Perth community can make a difference.
This is a mixed audience event aimed at both private individuals and professionals.
Typical private attendees:
- Those who've experienced family breakdown and loss of contact with children.
- Individuals interested in volunteering, in particularly in supporting separating parents and preventing suicide
Typical professional attendees:
- Legal: Barristers, lawyers, judiciary, law enforcement
- Medical: Mental Health, mediation, psychologists, therapists and GP's
- Family support: Social workers, charity volunteers
- Financial: Financial advisors