The Younger Men’s Rites is a life-changing experience for men 18 – 28.
During the 5 days in nature, we explore the transition from adolescence to manhood.
It is a physical, emotional and spiritual challenge. It will be hard. It will test you.
But you will also experience a sense of purpose and see how you fit into a larger story. You will receive tools for your journey as you walk a shared path – one that many have walked before. This is an utterly grounding experience that will hold you, help you grow and open up new beginnings.
The Rites is not a teaching retreat – it is a felt and lived experience. It’s more about feeling it in your gut than understanding it with your head. This is the doorway to the rest of your life. Set in wildland in the Australian bush close to Somerset Dam Queensland, the Younger Men’s Rites involves living outdoors and participating in a range of practical group activities, solo-time, discussions, journaling and wilderness time.
The Younger Men’s Rites is led by a team of experienced elders who have themselves been through Rites of Passage. Supporters and Fathers of the men attending are invited to assist the Rites in various ways.
In the words of the program’s founder – Richard Rohr:
“Men are asked to come with a willingness to participate from beginning to end and not as an observer. All participants begin at point zero with no agendas to live up to or down to. All that is required is for a man to come with a “beginner’s mind’ and the readiness of a novice seeking wisdom. Ultimately, initiation, like life itself, is not a spectator sport.”
How do you know you are ready for YMROP?
- Do you get a sense you are transitioning deeper into you your manhood? ( Leaving home, Leaving uni, Beginning a career, Committing to life partnership)
- Have you had trouble encountering your own power? (Power in this sense means you have an inner security regarding decision making)
- Are you wondering about what the next steps are and what direction your life is taking?
- Do you have a father or mentor who has encouraged you to do this retreat?
- Are you ready to be named by a community of men and called into your manhood?
This is not about religion but about spirituality, about age-old traditions that guide us into manhood, about coming to trust that there is something much greater at work in our lives than we could ever imagine.
$495, which includes accommodation, meals and materials (Early bird price of $450 if paid in full by 30th August 2019).