PwC, the world's second largest professional services business, is hosting an International Men's Day debate at its offices in Zurich, Switzerland.
The company, which employs more that 250,000 people worldwide, is one of a growing number of businesses that use IMD as a platform for advancing their work on gender equality, but placing a particular focus on men.
This year PwC in Zurich is hosting an event run by Advance and organisation that promotes gender equality in business with a focus on:
- advancing female talent in the companies it works with helping them thrive
- sensitizing men and management about the topic as key change agents on this journey
- shaping public opinion with national initiatives like our annual “CEOs commit to Gender Equality” campaign on International Women’s Day
The International Men's Day event brings male managers into this conversation to discuss what it calls "alpha male" beliefs like:
- As breadwinner I serve my family best
- Involved fathers are no longer top performers
- Men should be in charge at the office, women at home
The speakers at the event includes Markus Theunert, CEO of männer.ch a peak body for Swiss men’s and fathers’ organizations
You can find out more about PwC's International Men's Day initiative, which is an English language event, at the Advance website.
TAKE ACTION FOR MEN'S HEALTH