WHO hosts International Men's Day webinar
PAHO (the WHO region for the Americas) is hosting a webinar on masculinities and health in the Americas on International Men's Day (19th November 2019).
The webinar coincides with the publication of a report entitled: Masculinities and Health in the Region of the Americas. It describes the literature on the topic and presents a gender analysis of critical health problems and issues faced by men.
The webinar's hosts, the Office for Equity, Gender and Cultural Diversity (EGC), say the objective of the webinar is to present the results of the Masculinities and Health in the Region of the Americas Report, supporting the debate on men’s health in the context of gender inequalities and promoting transformative initiatives.
Speakers at the event include:
- Enrique Vega (Moderator), Unit Chief, Healthy Life Course PAHO
- Jarbas Barbosa (Welcome remarks), Assistant Director, PAHO
- Cathy Cuellar (Masculinities and health), Advisor, on Gender and Health, PAHO
- Ruti Levtov (Cost of the Man Box), Director of Research, Evaluation and Learning, PROMUNDO
- (Men’s health), Director of the Men’s Health Program, Ministry of Health, Paraguay
- Anna Coates (Closing remarks), Chief, Equity, Gender and Cultural Diversity, PAHO
TAKE ACTION FOR MEN'S HEALTH